Eagle Island Camp, Okavango Delta, Botswana
Situated on remote Xaxaba island among a web of waterways and lush vegetation, it overlooks a lagoon that attracts a breathtaking variety of big game and exotic birds. Explore the region by local canoe, set out on a game drive or roam on foot.
A wonderful secluded retreat, Eagle Island Camp offers a safari vacation that brings together the excitement of discovery and an experience of the real Africa: this is the spirit of Orient-Express through and through.
Location and Transfers
Eagle Island Camp has its own private licensed airstrip, which may be reached from Maun by taking a 20 minute flight.
All luxury tents at Eagle Island Camp are housed on raised wooden platforms, offering great views, and shaded by a traditional African thatch roof.
The large private decks are furnished with easy chairs and a hammock, ideal for viewing wildlife, or for enjoying a private dinner in complete privacy.
The tent interiors are luxuriously appointed with such comforts as an ensuite bathroom, private fully stocked mini bar, four poster bed complete with mosquito netting, as well as a discreet air conditioning.
In-room safes are provided for the safekeeping of all cash, travel documents and other valuables.
- ‘His and hers’ vanity unit
- Private viewing deck
- Outside lounge, with hammock and ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Electric overhead fan (24 hour use)
- 110v/220v plugs for electric razors
- Facilities for charging video batteries
- 24 hour DC battery lighting in guest rooms
- Intercom system to reception
Eagle Island Camp has an exclusive private suite, perfect for a more intimate safari experience. The naturally stunning private suite with a spacious secluded deck area is set away from the other tents in the camp.
The extended viewing deck has two relaxing sun loungers, perfect for basking in the warm African sun. To the side, a generous heated splash pool which is set amongst the trees for shade and privacy, yet with full views of the Delta allows one to wallow in communion with the hippos whilst spotting elephant and crocodiles on the island banks.
The open air double showers and beautiful deep copper-framed Victorian bath, with only the tree canopy as a roof, offers further opportunities to commune with nature. Guests enjoying the luxurious new suite will have the opportunity to enjoy game-viewing on their own exclusive vehicle with their own personal guide, and they will be able to set out on a safari expedition as and when they wish.
Choose an elegant candle-lit dinner on the private outdoor deck (additional rates apply). Among the many other suite indulgences available in the suite include temperature controlled rooms, a well-stocked mini bar, oversized fluffy bathrobes, big soft bath sheets, cosy slippers and luxurious bathroom toiletries.
Dine in the open-air or under the covered area and watch the Botswana sunset across the waterlilly filled waters.
After dinner enjoy the bar and lounge areas. Seated around the camp fire you can share stories of the days experiences with other guests or simply curl up and relax while the wildlife in the Delta does the same.
You can now dine in style in the middle of the bush, as your guide serves breakfast or dinner in the open air.
Facilities and Activities
- One of the most romantic bars in the world located on its own private island away from the main camp
- Al fresco dining area overlooking the surrounding lagoon
- Private site for spectacular bush brunches / dinners (on request)
- A 20 metre swimming pool ideal to catch up on some laps
- Curio shop with safari wear, essential toiletries, local art and craft objects
- Internet access and satellite TV located discreetly away from the main lounge and dining areas
- VHS radio communications plus 24 hour emergency facilities
- Tent to tent internal telephone service
- Satellite phone on request
- High powered telescope for star gazing presentations
- Same day laundry service
- Small reference library of books on the flora and fauna of the area
- Environmental flora and fauna check lists,
- Talks and lectures by our environmentalist, on request
- Private airstrip and helicopter landing pad
- Helicopter Safaris
- Mokoro Safaris
- Bird Watching
- Walking Safaris
- Visits to local villages